Sunday, October 7, 2007

What a great night!

We had a blast last night! Stayed until the wee hours of the morning...danced...talked to lots of people I haven't spoken to in more than 20 years if ever...just had a great time.

And funny enough, no hangover this morning. Friday night I drank about 6 beers and woke up with a killer headache and a queasy stomach that lasted most of the day. Last night I had 6 really good margaritas and woke up fine. No headache. No queasy stomach. I guess I'm weird.

Anyways, there were some interesting things: it was supposed to start at 7:30 with a class picture at 8. We didn't get started until after 8:30 with the picture. Everyone who was there had to stand and say a little about themselves. It was nice to see who got old and who got fat. There were quite a few of the girls who were, I kid you not, skinnier than they were in high school. But they were also the ones who had multiple marriages and divorces behind them. Several either had no kids or were just starting out in married life. And we're all almost 40! There were a few couples married 15 to 20 years, which was impressive. And there are two other classmates who are grandparents, which was nice.

There weren't really any "hook ups" at my reunion like there were at Mike's last year. No one was really single. Or at least there didn't seem to be any who were "looking." There were a couple who actually live near me and work nearby who I think it would be nice to be friends with, but I suspect that we'll never be anything but friendly. There are a couple who I think I could be real friends with if we ever had the chance. Maybe we will.

But the strangest shocker of the night, for me, was when one of the gals I was sitting with told me that in high school, she'd been jealous of me. She envied my high school life. I just shook my head. I have spend 20 years doing everything I can to forget those three years and yet there were some who envied me. Unreal!

1 comment:

Drea said...

So glad you had fun. I was the youngest in my class and didn't really enjoy highschool all that much.