Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Stress Reducers






Shortly after my uber-genius oldest son graduated from high school, he bought a computer game - to go with the souped up computer his father bought him. In an effort to spend every possible moment with him before he moved away from home to go to college, I started watching him play. That lead to letting him teach me how to play. Which lead to updating our old computer about a year later so I could play it on my own computer.

Oblivion, by Bethesda Software was 2006's game of the year. It is the coolest game I've ever played. I can't think of a better way to unload from a busy day than to sit down at the computer and instead of talking to people about their problems I just smash away at them with some mideaval war axe or claymore. Or maybe throw bolts of fire at them until they expire. Well, not all of my victims are people. Most are an assortment of cool creatures (walking down the road you're as likely to encounter a Minotaur Lord as a bear).

I like it for utter mindlessness. Some of my other hobbies require expensive supplies. Some require other people. But this one only needs me to get my youngest son (who is also hooked on the game) off the computer!

No comments: