Monday, October 1, 2007

Are you one of those morning people?

A co-worker asked me that this morning as I sat at the break room table, drinking so-so coffee and reading the op-ed page of the paper.


An hour ago, I could have said, with bleary eyes and hunched over back "NO!" with a few choice expletives. But unfortunately, it takes me about 10 minutes to wake up. And once I do, there's no going back. No matter what time of the morning it is. But since #2 son likes to be at school at 7:35, I just go to work directly after that.


This weekend marks my 20th high school reunion. In honor of that here is my senior picture.
Yep. I think that was the year I learned about eye brows! All my pictures before that are being hunted down and burned. My eyes look weird with now brows. Ok, technically, I have brows, but they're transparent. As are my eyelashes sans mascara. I've actually had people I know well not recognize me right off when they caught me without makeup. It's sorta funny to know it would be that easy to fool people if I were ever on the lam.
Anyhow...my reunion. Not really looking forward to it. I was not popular in high school. Well, that's not exactly right. I was more like invisible. I can't remember any good friends from my graduating class. There are a few that I was friendly with. And a few that I'm friendly with now. But no real friends. So why am I going? To see who got fat. Who got old. Who lost their hair. Who's all gray. Of course I suppose that means putting up with who's wildly successful, thin and married to a movie star. I can just imagine who that might be.
Well, despite all that, I'm taking next Sunday off (I teach an adult Bible study class and lead worship at my church) just in case I do have a good time and want to stay for the whole thing. We thought that we wouldn't like it last year when we went to Mike's 20th, but we did and ended up exhausted the next day.

No comments: