Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Yak Tracks



They're not just a blog title! The company I work for provided Yak Tracks for everyone a year or so ago. They apparently work pretty well. I've never used mine but my 13 year old son says they make slogging back up the hill when sledding much easier.


I may have to wrestle them away from him, however. The parking lot here is a solid two inches thick with ice. Not sheet ice like you'd get from freezing rain but more two packed inches of ice pellets like you get from sleet. It looks like snow but acts like ice! Such fun.


Ah well. I just like to remind myself that at least I still have job. Got a e-mail from the "powers that be" here a week or so ago saying that there was some good news that would be shared at an optional meeting. The good news? I asked a coworker who went and this is what she said: "We still have a job." I think the jury is out on whether that's good news or not!


I'm also having an exciting good time with taking pictures. I tried natural light with black and white film and got great results. This is one of my favorites from that shoot. It's a little dark but I like how it turned out.
I took all the good shots (from 5 rolls of film I got about 30 pictures that I really like) to my parents just to get the ooh's and ahh's that I crave. They have a different eye for photography than I have. I'm going to have to introduce them to the "rule of thirds." Maybe then they'll quit telling me that the picture would be better if the face of the subject was directly in the middle of the shot.
I favor an "artsy" look. And news photos. I really like pictures that tell a story.

No comments: