Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Slogging through Hump Day


Somehow, what it looked like in my head did not translate really well to film. Ugh. I'm hoping my daughter will come over this weekend so I can try again. I want to try some shots with natural light. And I'm not sure I want to even go with the same processing lab anymore as I've been really unsatisfied with the results. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of options. I would love to develop the black and white film myself, but I don't have the stuff.
Work is going....well, just going. I'd like to say great, but that's not usually the case. The kids are just the same. Either great or awful. I don't know what we did differently with the girls that they should turn out so differently than the boys. One daughter seems not to care what happens to her brother, just so long as he doesn't get anything that she didn't get. She doesn't seem to care that he's 13 and she'll be 17 in a month. It breaks my heart. I remember getting in trouble at school once because of an assignment that I felt was unfairly handled. I bucked the system because I knew I had a sister coming right behind me the next year and I didn't want her to have to go through that. To think one of my kids doesn't care what happens to her siblings really bothers me.
I think the bottom line of my foul mood is that I was lied to. Hubby said he talked to our daughter and her boyfriend (yes, the same one as above). They arranged between themselves for the boyfriend to watch their daughter at our home while everyone was at work or school. WITHOUT running it by either of us. Not reasonable. I was not pleased and told hubby to make sure they didn't do that anymore. He said he did. Imagine my surprise when I got up this morning to find the boyfriend sleeping on the couch with no intention of leaving when I left for work. He claimed hubby hadn't talked to him. Someone lied to me.
Of all the things in life that hurt, that is the worst.

No comments: