Friday, January 5, 2007

Finally Friday!

No matter how short the week was, I am always so happy to see Friday! This week is no exception.

I belong to a few message boards and there's this one where the people there are very sincere, but seem to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Always fretting over the least little thing. Really. Making stuff up to worry about. One worried one day if it were a sin to act. Like in a movie. Isn't that lying, it was questioned.


There seems to be a complete lack of ability to think for ourselves, stand for what we believe or just have some common sense!

Probably the biggest problem is so many people either 1) subscribe to the cafeteria brand of religion and just pick and choose what they want to believe in or 2) simply don't know what they believe in the first place.

I know it might be going out on a limb to say this, but I have to respect the devout Muslim. I certainly don't agree with what they believe (being a devout Christian myself) but to accept the whole of one's faith is to be commended. I have no respect for those who claim one faith or another and then only observe the parts they like and claim the rest is "wrong" or "false" or whatever.

For instance, I believe that the Bible is the holy, inerrant, infallible Word of God. That means that when I don't understand something I have to acknowledge it. I can't just decide that part is wrong or shouldn't be there. I just have to accept that there are things I don't understand and try to work around it. Whether I like what it says or not.

It's also my responsibility, after I've grown spiritually, to make sure I am educated in spiritual matters. I can't blame everyone else for any lack thereof.

No comments: