Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Things I love




The newest Pirates of the Carribean movie is due out in May. Yep. I'm excited. It's hokey and cheesy, but my God that man looks good in an overabundance of eyeliner!! I also understand that he's starring in the Tim Burton film version of Sweeny Todd. Can life get any better? Oh, yes. Apparently it can. I just watched a trailer for the new Harry Potter movie. Daniel Radcliffe has apparently gotten tired of that mop he's been wearing on top of his head and is sporting a sexy new 'do. I occasionally have twinges of ickiness at having such a special place in my heart for a KID, but he's cute!!



There's a new Shrek movie due out this year, too. Can't get enough of the big green guy. And of course all the naughty fairy tale references. My niece loves that movie. When my daughter was pregnant, she insisted that she was having a baby too (she's 3). When asked who the father of the baby was, she said "Shrek."



This is one of my favorite layouts ever. Mostly because it's subtle and simple and includes one of my favorite pictures of Lynn.

In a few weeks we should be welcoming a new bundle of grandparent joy into the world. Oldest daughter is due any time. I haven't been able to take many pregnancy pics of her because she never comes around. I'm hoping she'll come by tonight so we can take a couple of pictures. She's got a great pregnant belly. Big and no stretch marks!! I'm also hoping for some good quality picture taking time with her baby. I've got an entire album of Lynn starting with the first belly pic through the day of her birth. Then another album of her first three months. But Nina and Lynn were available for me to take those pictures. I fear that this grandchild will see fewer layouts/pictures and think he was less loved. As probably many "seconds" do. How do I explain "Your mother never came around"? I guess I'll just have to fight for it. For now, I'm googling images of infant photography to get ideas of what I might try with the little guy.

I got an article on using natural light in photography and I'm dying to experiment. After reading it and getting all psyched, I realized that I have precious few opportunities to try. I think I'm just going to have to take a day off of work. I do have one good window (a bay) that gives me great natural light, but only if I'm home with a subject who will allow me to take their picture. But the window itself is ugly (very old and not in a good way). I've found a couple of spots around town that would be great backdrops, but again...time during daylight to take pictures is needed!!! I don't get off work until after the sun goes down!!! And most of Saturday is spent on laundry. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend anyways.

Oh!! The worst news...the guy who's in charge of this sort of thing at work has allowed the sugar canister to become empty. I'm going to have to remember to bring sugar to work with me tomorrow or something very bad will happen. I have to have sugar in my coffee.

Stay tuned for developments as they occur.

No comments: