Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Well, isn't this nice?

I've been blogging for a while now but this will be the first "I'm just going to blog" blog.

About me...let's see: I'm the Empress of the Known Universe. Or at least that's what I'm trying to convince my kids of. So far, they're not impressed. My son has gone so far as to call me Empress of Absolutely Nothing.

I'm having him clapped in irons.

Okay, cliche time. Where has the time gone??? How can it be 2007 already? It was just like the late 80's just YESTERDAY!! Yeah. My 20th high school reunion is this year. I think I'm the first in my class to become a grandparent. Looking at it, I have to say that while I love my granddaughter (and the grandson on the way by my other daughter), I so wish my daughters had waited to start their families. Not for my sake - but it would have been nice had they consulted me - but for their own.

About me. Just think about your generic Jane Doe type and that's me. Pretty run of the mill. I just want to rule the universe. Doesn't everyone? :)

I have a husband whom I have not yet killed. Not that I intend to, but I want to keep my options open. I can't imagine divorcing him (been there, done that, got the stint in poverty to show for it) but my best friend has lots of land out in the country...

I have four kids. All teenagers right now. The oldest is out on her own and expecting a baby in about a month. Next down the line is in college. Next is in high school and already has a baby. Youngest is in middle school and still likes to snuggle with his mom and watch movies. Just not as often. I have a dog that I adore. She's regal. As the pet of a universal monarch should be.

I read avidly. I am an amature photographer. I scrapbook and make cards for my loved ones. I like to write. I also have opinions on everything.

Today's opinion: Sadaam's execution. Well, it had to happen. You just can't expect to be a horrible despot for as long as he was without making a few enemies. They caught up to him. But despite that, I am sorry that humanity has sunk to the place where people act that way and have to be executed.

Opinion extra: make a resolution. Call it whatever you want, but make one. That's the first step in reaching your goals: identifying them. But make them reachable. I'm working on getting active. I'd like to loose weight like every other woman on the planet but I should probably start small.

No comments: