Monday, January 8, 2007

A shout out to the girls!

The first group of folks I've notified about my blog are.....*drum roll please* my scrappin' friends.

Hey girls!! And Rick :)

I have experienced a down turn in my scrapping out put lately due to computer and digital camera problems, but I still keep my hand in it. I go to my best friend's house as often as I can for some scrapping time and at home I make cards often. Our associate pastor's wife told me yesterday that not only does she love my cards, she looks forward to them. I'm going to have to make her one this week!

I've always been one of those craft-less people growing up. Well, that's how I viewed myself. I had many artistic desires but never an outlet. I can't draw to save my life. And decorating? Fuggitaboutit. My house usually looks like something out of Early Salvation Army plus a little A Dog Lives Here.

Then my best friend got hooked into scrapbooking. Then, with skills that would do a drug dealer proud, she lured me in. The together we hooked my mom and my sister. But I don't regret it. I do regret losing my dining room table, though. But let's not referr to it that way. It's called "the scrap table."

Scrapbooking, for me, is all about artistic expression. Not memory preservation. I know that many are gasping in shock right now, but that's just the way it is. I love finding creative ways to display a picture. And more and more, it's about the photography. Photography is quickly becoming my number one "If I could just quit my day job" dream. I love experimenting with different lighting and poses. My trouble is, of course, finding willing models. I can take only so many pics of my husband!

I used to dream about being published, but that was starting to take the joy of scrapping away so I dropped that dream. I've never regreted it.

No comments: