Thursday, February 8, 2007

Retreat!


I'm headed up to KC to go to a music and drama conference with our church's piano player.
I realized that I never do anything just by itself. Even when I sleep...I toss and turn so much that I'm exercizing too! So while I'm at this conference learning how to be a good worship leader, I'll be using the down time as my personal spiritual retreat. I really need that. No matter how busy I'll be over the few days that follow trying to catch up on what I missed, I need some time to center myself, focus and remember what I do all this for.
Next weekend, I have a day off work so I have plans to go scrap with my best friend. THAT is soooooooo over due!! There are some mighty big differences in our lives and in our personalities but I have always felt like she is my sister. And more than that, she is the one person in my life who is in the same PLACE I am. Not geographically. But metaphysically. We're both moms to teens. We're both driven. We are both creative but had to have that pointed out to us. So many more things. I love her. :)

No comments: