Thursday, February 8, 2007

My creative manifesto


Why do I create?
Because I must. It's as simple as that. I am a creative person who sees the world in that way. The more I create, the more that must come out of me!

What is the most important part of a scrapbook page for me?
The photos. I have really begun to enjoy photography so right now, the photo is king. It used to be the journaling, but that would have to be second and only when there's an important story to tell.

How does my attitude effect the outcome of my projects?
If I have a crappy attitude, it's like putting a dam over a river. Nothing flows.

What are my personal truths related to scrapbooking and creativity?
"Tell the REAL" story. I think my favorite layouts, well, the ones with the awesome photos are my favorite. But my second favorite layouts are the ones with the hard stories. Like when Mike got laid off. Or the one about how I felt having a brain tumor.

What do I tell myself each time I am working on a project?
"Do it right. Don't rush just to get it done." That's my worst quality in every area of my life. I get impatient, hurry through whatever it is and regret it.

No comments: