Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who asks you the hard questions?

So, our pastor talked this last week about discipleship a little bit. He talked about thinking about who discipled you and who you're discipling. It made me think a little bit.

No one. I have never discipled anyone because I wouldn't know how to do it. No one ever discipled me. No one walked with me to show me the way. No one came alongside me and helped me find my path. Not even my parents. I love them, don't get me wrong. But the memories I have are of stumbling around in the dark trying to find my own way. Often getting it wrong.

The logical person, I suppose, to ask me those hard questions would be my husband. But he doesn't. His main goal in life is to be friends with everyone and never hurt anyone's feelings. My dear friend Drea is probably the person most likely to ask me a question I don't want to answer - but need to.

Maybe this is something I should be more intentional in seeking out?

No comments: