Tuesday, January 6, 2009

He said it first

I have, through painful experience, learned not to take things for granted. Today, when I was dropping him off for school, Nick said "I love you" first. Maybe you've never been in the "mom" places I have - and I would say you're lucky - but where I'm at, that was a special moment I'll hold on to for a while.

I've made some decisions for my life. One of my goals for this year is to be more creative. To not wait until I "have time" or "feel like it" but to work to keep those creative juices flowing regularly.

I've also made it a goal to get healthier. That's not going to be easy, but starting with eating healthier and working in some exercise I'm going to try to be a size healthier by the end of this year.

I've also decided to work on my family. I do a lot of things that get in the way of being a wife and mom. I've told my pastor that I need to quit teaching my class. I'll be praying that God will send a replacement music leader so I can step down from that as well. It will be hard not doing those things - I do love them! - but I need to focus on some somewhat more important things. I want to see Nick healthy. And leaving him to his own devices while I'm off doing all those other things is not the way to get there!

I'm a work in progress. I just want to be a little more deliberate and intentional about the "progress!"

No comments: