Thursday, October 30, 2008

This was a little surprising

Well, as you may know from reading this blog, I tend to believe that men and women are created fully equal and that there is no job or calling or ministry that should be decided based on gender alone. I suspect that hearing "You were supposed to be a boy" all my life from my mom has something to do with why I'm a little sensitive on the gender issue, but I digress.

I ran across a website, a church's website that shows videos of past sermons. But it's from a church whose pastor, Mark Driscoll, that believes differently than I do on the gender issue. I've always held him in some contempt. But when I listened to one sermon on birth control, I liked it. Then I listened to more in that particular series. I really liked them. I've started on another series and I can safely say that I have enjoyed every sermon I've heard from him. And I've enjoyed his messages as I've rarely enjoyed sermons before.

This is going to be one of my resources when I feel I need a little extra. I'm happy to provide you all with a link to the first series of sermons I heard "Religion Saved and Nine Other Misconceptions." It's a wonderful series that might really help you like it helped me.

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/religionsaves

No comments: