Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A new perspective

Well, it didnt' hurt.

It didn't feel all that good, mind you, but it didn't hurt.

I'm referring to turning 40.

Over the last ten years, I think I've grown more than the thirty before that. I've cleared out some dust on some old dreams and - maybe - breathed some new life into them. I've cleared off some of the dust gathering on a hobby that I love and have thrown myself back into it. I've come to accept some of the things that aren't changing and am looking at what I CAN change right now. I'll deal with that other stuff later.

I've set myself a line in the sand for work that I'm happy with. I'm going to start putting my family in a place of priority.

I'm going to start putting my house in order. If it takes the next three months, so be it! First order of business is to get some large garbage bags and start hauling!

This year has been good for Nick. Not that he's perfect. He's still a 14 year old who wants to act like and be treated like he's 17 or 18. But school is going better. He's eating better and sleeping a little better. He's even done dishes for me a couple of times in the last few weeks. Definitely a work in progress!

I'm going to start focusing on my scrapping in this blog. I want to start doing more of that and having a goal might be a good place to start. But it's got to be a do-able goal!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........now that the sun is shining, life is looking a little better!

2 comments:

Nurse Betty L. Boop said...

Hi Tami! I popped over from Sensious Wife's. I enjoyed looking threw your pics and going to try and catch up over here!
lisa (OCP)

Drea said...

I love it when I get things in perspective. I always love having a goal to achieve.........makes the rest of the crap in my life not so bothersome!