Monday, December 3, 2007

I love this job

So I called the gal whose engagement pics I took last weekend and I heard her holler to her mom, "It's the photographer." That was so cool. I'm totally geeked out about that.


In the last few weeks, I've gotten so much support and encouragement and practice it's not funny! I have so enjoyed taking pictures and learning about lighting and exposure. I want to do some more practice to get better clarity on the eyes of my subject but that's just a matter of time. I'm going to try to get the grandkids tonight and use my mother-in-law's christmas tree to get a shot for some Christmas cards. I would like to make cards this year, and I probably still will, but only for those most important VIPs in my life. I still give a lot of cards and can't possibly make 150 cards. I just don't have the time.


So this weekend, I got to use my friend Renee for a model. She's an inspiration to me about living healthy and making your life what YOU want it to be instead of accepting the status quo. She's getting married in the spring and she's giving some glamour pictures to her finance for Christmas. I was so pleased with how the pictures came out!!!


We did some really sexy, glamourous pictures that I'm not showing the general public, but let me just say this...every woman should have some pictures like this!! I hope some day to be able to take some pics like this and share them on my (still in production) website for advertising.

2 comments:

ellen s. said...

fabulous photo! it would be so fun to feel so glamorous!

Drea said...

I am lovin this shot of Renee!! I REALLY need you to come down and do a photo shoot of me now that I am 40!!......UGh!