Monday, November 5, 2007

This is the one






















After much research and internal debate, this is the camera I'm going with. I'm really happy about my choice. I'll be getting a 75mm - 300mm zoom lens also plus a 2G memory card. After the first of the year I'll get a good flash and a bag to carry it all in. Then maybe an IR filter for it. I know this is not the top of the line. But I'm expecting that with

I'm working on finding a good processing site (think I've got one) and on business minutia (contracts, expectations, business cards, tax stuff). I really should do some of the actual work I'm being paid for right now though.

5 comments:

ellen s. said...

oh that camera is fabulous! soooo jealous...maybe santa will bring me one.

ah, i love your post about SHOES...girl, we should go shopping together!

Drea said...

Hey Girlie........did you read up on the XTi? They recommend it cause it has a program in it that cleans the lens.......it's a bit more expensive but the #1 complaint about the XT is that the mirror in the camera gets dust on it and then you have to take it to have it cleaned.

I asked Santa for an XTi......but now I'm not sure I really want it....that's an expensive camera!!

Drea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami Martin said...

yep...I did read that Drea. But I had to come down a bit in price so I could get the two lenses. The best advice I got, I think, was to go with a lesser body and invest in good lenses.

When I upgrade, I want to really upgrade to something REALLY good (but probably not the $8000 Mark III)!

Drea said...

I think that is awesome advice because Canon's lenses are compatible with their other cameras.

So excited for you!