Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Long time no blog!

I'm that gal who starts a journal, writes feverishly for about 10 days then forgets it. Then a few months later, starts the process all over. I like the feel and the smell of a new journal, I guess!

Not a whole lot new going on here. Work, sleep, work, sleep, work, shop, sleep. That's about how it goes. *sigh* I pray for the day when I can cut back or not work at all. I about have Mike convinced that life was better for him when I was not working and instead stayed at home MAKING a home. I'll just keep praying.

Easter was VERY nice. We had a nice dinner with Mike's family after church (with mostly MY family). The grandkids got the hang of easter egg hunting. Well, mostly. Chris was very upset when anyone tried to help him put anything in his basket. He wanted to put it on his head. Lynn did a great job picking up ALL the eggs.

I am finally at peace with my church situation. Either I'm going to teach my own material that I've put together, or I'm not going to teach at all. I would also like to get away from doing the music at all. I don't want to lead singing anymore. I don't hardly want to sing at all. It makes me kinda sad that I don't want to do anymore something that I have so loved all my life.

But, as I said, I'm at peace with my decision. I don't feel like my church is going to implode if I'm not there teaching the adult class. I will miss it. But either I'm going to grow or I'm going to put my energies somewhere else. I've felt for quite a while that I can't do both jobs. It's ironic that my pastor is trying to pass the worship leading stuff (well, it's more song leading) on to me so he can just be in the choir. Because he doesn't feel like he can do both jobs (worship leading and preaching) on Sunday mornings. But I can do two jobs: teaching Sunday School and leading worship.

2 comments:

ellen s. said...

hey! glad your easter was nice. sorry i haven't visited in awhile!

Drea said...

Hey..........don't cut your pastor too short.....he's a man. He can't multitask!!

I soo totally know that you are burned out. Wouldn't it be nice just to go to church and actually come away feeling "Nourished"??

I am hoping that day comes for us both.