Saturday, May 2, 2009

Who's an artist?

We all have our own definitions of what "creativity" means.

Years ago, when my dearest friend introduced me to scrapbooking, I said I wasn't creative. She teases me about that on occasion still.

But I could always qualify that by saying that I have "different kind" of creativity. I still don't think I can do home interior designs (maybe when I don't have any men in my house to mess it up!!), but I feel pretty confident in my own little niche.

I've always defined being artistic as being able to draw. That's been a Rubicon I'd never even try to cross.

But...

Mike's birthday is tomorrow. I wanted to make him a fun card that wasn't too girly. Cupcakes are pretty popular right now but my cupcake stamp (which I'd stamp, color then cut out and add to a card) is little. And I want to make him a big card. So what to do?

I drew a cupcake.

Yes. You read that right. I drew a cupcake in pieces, used it as a template and made my own. Complete with cherry on top.

I am so excited! I can't wait to try new things. I've got a little turtle for a new baby card that's next...

No comments: